At Tondo we support changemakers and therefore we are pleased to announce an Innovation Call with a focus on the Circular Economy and related to our main event Re-think! Startups that carry out activities in the Circular Economy field can apply to the Innovation Call organized by Tondo with different partners.
The call aims to select highly innovative projects that are feasible from a business point of view and capable of generating a strong positive impact on the environment. The call is open to Italian startups that are already established, or innovative ideas which are not yet materialized in business activities and which are operating in the thematic macro-areas that will be discussed during Re-think Circular Economy Forum, the event on Circular Economy organized by Tondo, on October 27th and 28th. The macro-areas of the event, that are also the main focus of the Innovation Call are:
- Agri-food: agriculture 4.0, new types of cultivation such as Indoor and Vertical farming, and new methods of food preservation and transportation;
- Cities: urban context organized in a circular way, presenting actual projects, but also possible future trends with a focus on smart cities, mobility, biocycle & waste, urban, water, and air;
- Materials: biomaterials that are increasingly replacing synthetic ones, emerging practices in the reuse and regeneration of materials (organic and synthetic) and future trends in material science;
- Technologies: emerging technologies that overturn the concept of waste and optimize the use of resources with a focus on AI, IoT, blockchain, clean energy, storage, and digital application for the Circular Economy.
Jury, selection, and awards
The selection of projects will be carried out by a selected commission which is composed of innovation experts from EUREKA! Venture SGR, Intesa (an IBM Company), Esselunga, Teads, Ayming, Comune di Milano, Tondo, InnoVits, Novu, and Corner Stones.
At the end of the project submission period, the selection will take place in 4 phases:
- The first phase will consist of a first screening during which our team of experts will analyze the material uploaded in the form (accessible at the link above). This phase is aimed at defining the projects that potentially are most promising.
- In the next phase, the selected projects will be contacted by telephone for a short interview with a member of the Tondo team, in order to identify 3 projects for each of the macro-areas relevant to the event.
- Companies that pass this second step will have the opportunity to pitch the project in front of the jury during the days before the event of October 27th and 28th. The jury will then have the task of defining the winner for each macro-area.
- The 4 winning start-ups will be able to present themselves during the “Re-think Circular Economy Forum” event on October 27th and 28th in front of the main players in the Circular Economy in Italy: from companies to Venture Capital funds. The winners will also be offered the opportunity to receive additional services offered by our partners such as strategic and commercial support from Novu to foster their growth, support from Ayming for the participation of European or national calls, and growth support through the participation at “Ninja Agorà” InnoVits format, where winning startups can present their idea to challengers, all Innovits associates and investors.
Furthermore, the competition is open to all startups or circular business ideas where circular means a startup or a project that adopts one of the following business models:
- They use sustainable or renewable inputs in production processes (i.e., renewable energy, organic and regenerable materials)
- They are based on a sharing economy model (i.e., Car sharing)
- They offer a product as a service (i.e., Virtual environment …)
- They aim to extend the useful life of products (i.e., used items Marketplace)
- They plan the end-of-life of products (i.e., use of production waste, reduction of waste)
- They adopt technology for resource optimization and efficiency (i.e, use of AI for monitoring of consumptions)
- They design products for extended future use and reusability
How to participate?
To participate, the teams have to submit their project by filling out the application form which will be accessible from September 15th, 2020 to October 22nd, 2020 at 6 pm.
Before starting to fill in your data, please read the regulation of the Innovation Call.
For any other information please don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org